Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Whisper on the Tide

CONNECT, TRAIN, ENJOY

When I first read about 3 words from Chris Brogan, it struck a chord inside me. You know how it is, everyone makes resolutions at the first of the year, but then things start to happen and by the end of January, you've forgotten them all. Or you've broken them, so you figure why bother?

But I can already tell that adhering to my 3 words is a different process, infusing each decision I make with meaning. In just two and a half weeks, I find myself mentally referring to them as I plan my day - and I'm planning my time more effectively.

I am more intentional. I balance my decisions on whether it hits one of the 3 words. For instance, I have returned to my Sunday School class at church after an absence of way too long - and find myself reconnecting with friends I had lost touch with.

I downloaded a workout app for my Blackberry that tracks how far I run and how fast, and I'm better able to track my training. I have also changed the way I schedule my work week, so I can schedule blocks of time to work on training documents and other priorities. Helps productivity!

The other, possibly most important change in my thinking, is that I am letting myself have fun, whether that is listening to music because I enjoy it, or reading for fun, not work. Or going for a walk to soak in some sunshine. I am trying to plan some "fun" in my life. What a concept!

I have a long way to go, but I'm excited that I'm feeling a difference in my life. The Whisper on the Tide will become a shout!

No comments:

Post a Comment